Have you graduated? Congratulations!
From now on, you will no longer go through life as a student, but as a worker. And with that comes a job. But how do you find the right job?
First of all, it is useful to know how it works. After graduating, you usually start in a starter's job to gain experience. Often, you will receive intensive coaching, take on small assignments and build up your network. The words 'junior', 'assistant' or 'trainee' will help you recognise such a starter's job. Often, after three to five years, you will advance to a mid-level position and then to a senior position.
Tips to help you find the job after graduation:
- Make sure your curriculum vitae is up to date.
- Create a profile on LinkedIn and make sure that this profile is also up-to-date.
- Tell your social media that you are looking for a job. Be as specific as possible.
- Realise that organisations will google your name. Be ahead of them and change or remove information if necessary.
- Register on job sites and with employment agencies. That way, you will be found! Here you can find employment agencies in Tilburg and surroundings.
- Look for vacancies on:
- Job sites
- Websites of interesting companies
- For students and alumni of Tilburg University: Career Portal is the place where you can get in touch with employers.
- Visit career fairs and conferences.
- And last but not least: write the basis for your cover letter. Here you will find tips on how to write a good cover letter.
But is this the only way? Certainly not! Have you ever thought about becoming an entrepreneur? Everyone, even if you are not yet 18, can register at the Kamer van Koophandel.
Are you or do you know a young person between the ages of 18 and 27, living in Midden-Brabant, who has graduated and could use some help in finding their first job?
Jongerenpunt is organising 8 free workshops from 5 to 27 July. In these workshops you will get answers to all your questions about applying and the job market. Afterwards you will get the opportunity for 1 on 1 coaching until you have found THE job. You can read more information here. Do you have more questions or do you want to register? Please send a WhatsApp to Jolijn +31 6 11463212.