As a new student you are busy arranging anything and everything. To make sure you don't forget anything important or fun, use this handy checklist:
- Search for housing
- Register with the municipality of Tilburg
- Report a change of address to the employer, bank, provider, educational institution, etc.
- Take out contents insurance and home insurance if necessary
- Apply for rent benefit
- Register with the GP
- Register with the dentist
- Apply for health insurance
- Apply for healthcare allowance
- Received a student card?
- Register for educational institutions websites
- Collect study books
- Apply for student financing (including student travel product)
- Find out about study and student (sports) associations
- Looking for a side job
Tip: at Books 4 Life Tilburg you can buy second-hand (study) books for a reasonable price and by doing so you support charities. 90% of the profit goes to charity! Books 4 life Tilburg is located in the basement of the Cobbenhagen building of Tilburg University, but sells study books for all levels of education.
As a new student it is nice to get help in completing the above checklist, the International Cafe can support you in this as an international student.
Also good to know: as a student you can sometimes get discounts, for example at health insurance and shops. By registering on the Tilburg Student App you can collect points every day for free products and discounts in the Tilburg Student Shop .